Friday, February 5, 2010

NCAA Tournament shakeup?

My favorite four sports days of the year are the first four days of March Madness. Most people I know love watching the David's of the NCAA Basketball world toppling the Goliaths. Bucknell over Kansas, Hampton over Iowa State, Northwestern State over Iowa; who doesn't love seeing the Cinderella team dance their way into the sweet 16 or elite 8? The Gonzaga squads from the beginning of the this millennium always found a way as a 10 seed or lower to upset ranked teams on their way into the sweet 16, really putting the spotlight on the mid major conferences. This is what I live for in those four days where I do my best not to get out of my pajamas all day, and spend so much time on the couch that it takes a week for my contours to disappear from the couch cushions. March Madness on Demand has become my best friend so I am no longer at the mercy of whoever is at the controls at CBS.

So with Selection Sunday a little over a month away I found a very interesting article that will tickle the fancy of every March Madness fanatic such as myself who loves the upset. This article is claiming that an expansion of the field from 65 teams to 96 teams is a "done deal." This is great news for me because it will include an extra 31 teams, at least one extra day of madness, and much more potential for crazy upsets. Some people might think this expansion as overkill, but personally I love the idea. I am attaching the link for the article, and feel free to leave your own views on the potential expansion, I would definitely like to hear what everyone else thinks about the possible expansion.

http://ow.ly/12Ijc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers